Sunday, June 25, 2006

wow

Salon.com yanked a few of my posts--and probably some others'--in the previously-mentioned, ever-deteriorating flame war. It's too bad--I think they were pretty damn kickass, the people they were aimed at truly deserved them, and I don't have any other duplicates. Guess I touched a nerve!

It was silly, though. At least let me explain that it was raining all day, so I got sucked into it. I promise to behave from now on, though. Really, a civil discussion there quickly became impossible. Overweight people were being accused of hastening global warming by exhaling more carbon dioxide than the average person, for chrissake. I got a cute email (from someone I had not even spoken to directly up until then) about my mother, anyone who spoke out to deride the two main flamers was dismissed as being fat and ugly...you get the idea.

The thing is, it was kind of fun, in a weird way, to jump in...to get down to their level...it's just too easy to cyber-smack people--that's the scary thing...next time I will steer clear, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - not that I want to encourage anyone to waste anymore time on that letters section (I don't know WHY I lost so much of my Sunday to it too!!!) but there is some new interesting info about Rob on there that you might appreciate if you haven't already seen it. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. And now I'm going to go scrub the memory of this whole sordid letters moment from my memory.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I wasn't sure what the new info was that you're referring to--perhaps it's been removed as well? I saw some peoples' analyses of R.A., which were interesting and probably spot-on...luckily the pace of the letters seems to be winding down...

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home